By Claude Shitindi – Beautiful Tanzania
Hello, it’s me Claude here with my latest safari report for my trip that finished on 04th July 2013. I was with four lovely people that I took on safari i.e Erick, Anna, Alec and Adrian. It was wonderful up in the Northern Serengeti as we had thousands of wildebeests everywhere all over the Nyamalumbwa plains in the direction to the Mara River.
We had one night in Lobo Valley and then we were off to Mbalageti and the West Serengeti where we found more of the migration and also other species including the big cats. This area was very productive.
At the Central part of the Serengeti the wildlife was a little scattered. Seronera Valley, Moru Kopjes, Sametu Kopjes, and the Marshes of Maasai Kopjes were the best places in the Central Serengeti for wildlife viewing.
At Ngorongoro Crater on our early morning game drive we had a rhino crossing the road twice very close to our vehicle. It was just us alone and I heard that was the only sighting on the entire day making it even more special. Here are just few of my pics to share…
- Black rhino crossing the road in the early morning – Ngorongoro Crater
- A freezing dik dik antelope in Seronera Valley
- Zebras resting in the middle of the day but still alert for predators
- Curious little lion cubs near Sametu Kopjes in the Central Serengeti
- Black rhino in the early morning coming towards our vehicle – Ngorongoro Crater