By Reggie Matemu – Report For Safari Ending March 2, 2013
My name is Reggie and I am a driver-guide with Africa Dream Safaris. I have just returned home after completing a spectacular safari with my two guests from America named Nancy and Rachel. It was a very nice 8-night safari itinerary (Feb 22nd to March 2nd) with 3 nights at Seronera Sametu Camp in the Central Serengeti, 3 nights at Lake Masek Camp in South Serengeti and 2 nights at the end of the safari at Ngorongoro Serena Lodge.
There were many highlights on the safari but some of particular interest were as follows:
- We saw a mother cheetah who had a successfully hunted and killed a gazelle. After she and her cubs finished eating they came and used our vehicle for shade. They were very friendly they also tried to climb the vehicle. See the pictures below if you don’t believe me!
- We saw another female cheetah who also had a successful hunt but this time she managed to capture a baby zebra.
- We found a serval cat who had been killed by a leopard and was hanging from a tree. This shows how aggressive cats can get to each other due to competition over limited food resources.
- Baby wildebeest being born!
- Several very nice bush picnics including a picnic breakfast at Ngoitokitok picnic site in the Ngorongoro Crater (last picture shown below)
March 5, 2013