Driver-Guide Report – Welcome 2014.
Greetings from Arusha, Tanzania. Follows is our driver guide report at the conclusion of our safari with the Organ and Chiarandini Families (December 30th, 2013 to January 7th, 2014). This was a family of six including two young children. It was a fantastic experience for the guests with 8 nights on safari split between the Central Serengeti, East Serengeti, South Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater. We enjoyed 2 nights at Seronera Sametu Camp, 2 nights at Lemala Ndutu Camp, 2 nights at Mbuzi Mawe Lodge and 1 night at Ngorongoro Lion’s Paw Camp. Therefore, it is my pleasure to share with you some pictures I took during this safari.
- This was around Kibumbu Kopje near Sametu Kopje, where we saw one of the Sametu pride. It seemed her belly was full as it can be well seen on this particular picture.
- Thanks for the migration because many of the lions in the South and East Serengeti are well fed at the moment.
- This was near Sametu Kopjes where we saw lions that were going around the Kopjes and trees.
- We saw a cheetah kill near lobo kopjes, it was two brothers killed a baby gnu and a number of vultures were there for almost three hours. After this we kept driving around the lobo kopje and thereafter we saw two wonderful lion cubs of about three months old.
- This was early in the morning where we saw a mother leopard and her cub walking around the ndutu woodlands near lake ndutu. The cub was playing with her mother while walking. The cub was about six or seven months old.
- This was in between the Kibumbu Kopje and Sametu Kopjes. We saw these two vultures which I make sure I get the nice view of them from there as the plain was green and real encouraging. I am sure they were waiting for lions and hyenas to do something for them.