With more than twenty-five percent of its total land area dedicated for wildlife and protected areas including 22 national parks, 23 game reserves, 44 game controlled areas and 18 marine protected areas, Tanzania is arguably the greatest Eco Travel destination in the world.
Over the past 10 years tourist numbers have surged in Tanzania’s national parks from 100,000 visitors in 2009 to over 1 million visitors in 2019 as the news has spread about the unparalleled and pristine wildlife viewing opportunities available in the country. Tourism now employs 12% of Tanzania’s total employment including about 500,000 direct tourism jobs. During this rapid growth Tanzania has received a number of accolades, which has made it stand out as Africa’s prime safari destination:
– The best African destination to visit (New York Times)
– The best safari country in Africa (Fox News)
– Top 10 best countries in the world to visit (Lonely Planet)
– Serengeti named greatest national park in the world (National Geographic)
– Serengeti National Park voted Best African Safari Park (Safari Bookings)
– Serengeti National Park: Africa’s leading National Park (World Travel Awards)
Here at Africa Dream Safaris we are commonly asked why we have chosen to specialize and operate solely in Tanzania. As safari aficionados and wildlife enthusiasts, the answer is really quite simple. Because Tanzania offers the most epic ‘wilderness’ safari experience of any African country.
Home of the one and only Serengeti National Park, the Big Five, an unequaled population of predators including all 3 species of African big cats (lions, leopards and cheetahs) and The Great Migration (over 2+ million migrating wildebeest, zebra and gazelle!), no other country in Africa offers a greater concentration or variety of wildlife. All in a completely natural, wild and stunningly beautiful environment! It just doesn’t get any better than this.