We just returned from a magical 10 days in Tanzania. Our family fell in love with its incredible wildlife, breathtaking beauty, and friendly people. Although we went into it thinking this was a once in a lifetime trip, we already want to go back! Africa Dream Safaris was amazing to work with from start to finish and orchestrated a safari that was even better than our wildest dreams.
From the moment we landed in the Northern Serengeti and were welcomed by baboons on the airstrip, animals were everywhere! We saw giraffes, elephants, hippos, lions, zebras, wildebeests as far as the eye can see, and even a rare black rhino – all within the first day!
From there, it just continued to get better and better. There were so many highlights that it is hard to narrow it down, but here are a few:
– An epic Mara River crossing complete with crocodile attacks and wildebeest escapes. We felt like we were in the middle of a National Geographic documentary!
– Adorable lion clubs playing and attempting to climb a tree
– A cheetah devouring its kill while anxiously keeping an eye out lions who might claim it for their own
– A days old baby elephant joyfully waving its trunk
– Amazing meals in the bush, with views of hippos and giraffes at breakfast, wildebeests at lunch, and a million stars including an easily visible Milky Way at dinner
We also enjoyed gorgeous African sunrises and sunsets, fabulous accommodations, and some of the most welcoming, attentive service that we have ever experienced.
The Africa Dream Safari team was wonderful every step of the way. They helped us to plan the perfect trip and provided lots of pre-trip information and advice to make sure we went into the safari fully prepared. From the moment we arrived at the Kilimanjaro Airport and were whisked to the VIP Lounge to go through immigration, everything was taken care of and well executed so we could just sit back and enjoy the safari.
And we could not have asked for a better guide than Emmanuel. In addition to being an animal spotter and driver extraordinaire, he is patient and kind and incredibly knowledgeable not just about the animals of the Serengeti, but also about Tanzanian history, culture and politics. I don’t think there was a single question that we asked that stumped him.
Thank you to Tanzania and ADS for a wonderful, life-changing, family adventure!
Susan and Jonathan B.
Safari Dates: July 14, 2023 to July 24, 2023