A month ago Jim and I departed for the adventure of a life time arranged by Sharon Lyon of Africa Dreams Safaris.
There is no way we can truly put into words how worry free and amazing our experience in Tanzania was. Every minute detail of our trip from the initial planning to departing from Tanzania for home was meticulously taken care of for us by Sharon and Africa Dreams Safari staff, our amazing “Animal Whisperer” Guide Russell and the wonderful Management and Staffs at the Mount Meru Hotel, Swala Lodge, Bushtops Tented Lodge, Ngorongoro Crater Lodge, our Private Luxury Camp and Singita Sabora.
Our itinerary was perfectly planned and we were lucky enough to see and experience all of the animals, birds and sights we had imagined, dreamed of and hoped for as well as things we could never have anticipated.
We cannot say enough good things about our impressive Guide Russell who took special care of our every omfort, preference and need without our even asking him. In every way, in our opinion, he went above and beyond being our personal safari guide. His knowledge of the animals, birds, reptiles, topography, cultures and the country was astounding. Any animal we wished to see he was determined to find for us and always did. We saw every mammal, reptile and bird we had on our list and some we never before knew of that were fascinating and beautiful. His personality was wonderful and we felt very sad to leave him at the airport when we departed Tanzania.
There were so many highlights to our trip that when friends ask what was most outstanding we find it difficult to share only one thing.
Some of the “standout” moments of our safari were:
– Witnessing the wildebeest crossing the Mara River which was a sight and experience of a lifetime we will never forget.
– Encountering a zebra with a totally white mane was unique.
– Watching a glorious sunrise in the Ngorongoro crater which almost made us cry.
– Having a lioness pass in front of us while we were sitting and eating lunch on the Serengeti plain was an unforgettable life experience we never expected.
– Anton, our Guide at Singita Sabora, finding Cheetah brothers under a tree to welcome us to the Lodge.
– Seeing the animals living in their natural habitat and being able to study and photograph them at our leisure.
– Returning every evening to beautiful accommodations to be greeted and cared for by professional and friendly staffs.
– Eating bountiful, delicious picnics in the Bush and elegant, delicious dinner meals at each lodge were sensational experiences for us.
– Special unexpected touches and surprises such as an unplanned wine tasting at Ngorongoro Crater Lodge with local entertainment and a tub for 2 filled with roses and bubble bath after dinner.
– Birthday cake to celebrate Jim’s special day accompanied by singing and dancing presented by the staff at Swala Lodge
– Champagne with a special cake and singing at our Private Luxury Tented Camp.
– A rose petal path from the entrance of our tent leading to a chilling bottle of champagne in an antique silver bucket on our last night at Sabora.
All the thoughtful surprises made us feel very special and enhanced what was an already amazing trip well worth the 24 plus hours of air travel to get to Tanzania.
In total, we want to express our immense “asante sana” to ADS, Sharon, Russell, Anton Grace, Panteleo, Kadevu, Nico, Chris, Mina, T-Man and the many others in both the foreground and background that worked so diligently to provide us an unforgettable adventure of a Lifetime.
ADS is in a word AMAZING! We cannot wait to do it again and hope all of our friends will someday take this special journey with ADS on a private safari to amazing Tanzania.
Cherril and Jim S.
Wainiha Kauai, Hawaii
Safari Dates: June 26 through July 8, 2014